Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Character Alive

Dear Parents,

As part of the celebration for English Week, the boys have been taught about character portrayal. This class performance will not be graded but I do hope the boys will have a go at it as it helps them to improve their understanding and language skills.

These are the instructions which the boys have copied into their Literacy Block Journals:
  1. Choose 1 character from a famous story/ storybook.
  2. Pretend to be this character
  3. Write a script with at least 7 sentences and memorise it.
  4. Dress up as the character and perform in class. (Use simple and cheap props. Do not buy anything.)
  5. Examples of famous stories: 101 Dalmatioans, Peter Pan, The Three Little Pigs, Gingerbread Man, Smarty Pants, etc.

Their homework for today would be to write out their own script at home (they can refer to an example of my script which they have copied into their book as well) and bring it to school tomorrow so that I can help them edit.

If they are stuck, remind them to recall how Miss Tan pretended to be Cinderella in class today. If they're still unable to do it, then I will help them tomorrow.

Please take some time to guide your child along at home. By working hand in hand, we will be able to make learning fun for our boys! I hope they will enjoy this experience. :)

Regards,
Miss Joyce Tan

An example of Miss Tan's script:
Hello! I am Cinderella and I am here to tell you my sad story. My stepsisters are very mean to me! There will be a party in three days but they refuse to let me go. They force me to do chores everyday and hope that I will forget about the party. I have to sweep the floor, tidy up the rooms, wash the dishes and do many other stuffs! I am tired everyday but I never stopped thinking about the party. Will you help me please? Oh no! My evil stepsisters are calling me! I have to go. Please! Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment