Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting some Opinions from Parents...

Dear Parents,

Recently I've been thinking of what the school can do to foster bonds between parents and child as well as to strengthen pupils' emotional state of health (with parents' involvement). I am thinking of a structured programme where parents can come into class and interact with the children in the class (to foster bonds between parent and child) or activities which the parents can carry out in class (or in the school compound) to help children have a stronger emotional state of health.

I have this idea because I feel that parents' involvement in school is an important aspect of a child's education. Being Asians, children sometimes keep to themselves and may be reluctant to communicate openly with their parents. Thus, I hope to come up with a programme which involves more communication between parents and child instead of parents merely keeping their children company by watching television programmes together or having dinner together, etc. My aim is to be able to allow parents to participate more actively in school and at the same time be able to carry out activities which can help them bond with their child.

The reason why I am putting this up on our class blog is because I want to seek your opinions. This programme will be designed solely for you and your child. I want to come up with something which you (the parents) are interested in and will enjoy participating in. I do not want to come up with a programme based on what I like or what I feel will be beneficial because all I have are a teacher's point of view. I need your suggestions so that I can see things from a parent's perspective.

I also wish to strengthen bonds between teachers and parents. If you have any suggestions or opinions, please feel free to email me at tan_hui_hong_joyce@moe.edu.sg. I thank you in advance for your suggestions but do bear in mind that I may not be able to adopt all your suggestions as I have to check if they are feasible in the school. But I will definitely be pondering over every single one of your suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Miss Joyce Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment