Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tips for Practice Show-and-Tell

Dear Parents,

I have demonstrated in class today how a good show-and-tell would look like. As this is a Practice show-and-tell, I do not need the boys to be perfect. So please do not be overly stressed out by this. I just want them to get a feel of standing in front of an audience and learning to speak with confidence, so that they would not get stage-fright when they are doing their actual show-and-tell (which I plan to conduct on Monday).

Here are a few questions which I have asked the boys to think about so that they would have an easier time forming up their speech.

  1. What is my favourite insect?
  2. Why do I like it?
  3. What can it do?
  4. What does it eat?
  5. Where does it live?
  6. Would you like to keep it as a pet? Why?

I hope these guiding questions would help. I do not need the boys to perform a very long speech. All that they have to do is to follow these criteria:

  • Preparedness: Pupil is completely prepared and has obviously rehearsed.
  • Speaks Clearly: Speaks clearly and distinctly all (95%~100%) the time, and mispronounces only 1~2 words.
  • Uses Complete Sentences: Always speaks in complete sentences.
  • Content: Shows a full understanding of the topic.
  • Vocabulary: Uses vocabulary very appropriately for the audience. Extends audience vocabulary by defining words that might be new to most of the audience.

Please contact me if you need further clarifications.

~Miss Tan~

No comments:

Post a Comment