Thursday, April 28, 2011

Assessment Criteria for Poem Reading

Dear Parents,

Please refer to the following assessment criteria for poem reading:

  • Preparedness - Pupil is completely prepared & has obviously rehearsed.
  • Pitch - Pitch was often used & it conveyed emotions appropriately.
  • Pauses - Pauses were effectively used 2 or more times to improve meaning and/or dramatic impact.
  • Speaks Clearly - Speaks clearly & distinctly all (95% - 100%) the time, & mispronounces 1-2 words.
  • Volume - Loud enough to be heard by all audience members throughout the presentation.

The points mentioned above are essential in helping your child to score well for the poem reading assessment next Thursday.


Here is the poem:

Today I Had a Problem

Today I had a problem
when I tried to make my bed.
My blankets and my comforter
got wrapped around my head.

I went to fluff the pillows
but the pillow cover tore,
and feathers flew all over
as I stumbled round the floor.

I accidentally grabbed the sheets
and pulled them as I fell.
I have to say, it seems
my day's not starting off too well.

Adapted From: Kenn Nesbitt

No comments:

Post a Comment