Monday, September 12, 2011

English. 12th September 2011.

Dear Parents,

Welcome back! It's the final term. I hope you're ready for the mad rush that awaits us. The pupils' task today is to go home and get your signature for the following:

1) Show & Tell AMODES
2) Poem reading AMODES
3) Listening comprehension AMODES
4) Spelling Unit 15.1 (They are to complete their corrections as well)
5) Information sheet for Term 4's work

It is pertinent that they get your signature as we need to do filing for their book check this week. Speaking of which, as a result of the book check, we cannot have spelling this week for Unit 15.2 (in term 3's spelling list). Instead, I will reschedule that for next Tuesday, 20/9.

The Term 4 spelling list is out. I will be issuing it to the boys tomorrow. As we have 5 rounds of spelling (excluding Unit 15.2) and only up till Week 5 to prepare for the final exams, I will need to conduct spelling twice a week in weeks 2 & 3. I am so sorry about this and I wish I didn't have to resort to this but there is really no other way to cover the syllabus. Please bear with me.

The schedule will be as follows:
-Unit 15.2 Week 2 Tuesday, 20/9
-Unit 16.1 Week 2 Friday, 23/9
-Unit 16.2 Week 3 Tuesday, 27/9
-Unit 17.1 Week 3 Friday, 30/9
-Unit 17.2 Week 4 Tuesday, 4/10
-Unit 18 Week 5 Tuesday, 11/10

I have decided on Tuesday as it is the routine as well as Friday to give them as much time as possible to learn their spelling.

Furthermore, I have received some feedback about the spelling list. I understand that you might not be very pleased about how only words are listed. While I am in no position to change the list, I could go through it with the boys tomorrow and have them record down the meanings of the words, as well as example sentences. Hope this would ease you for a bit :)

Have a blessed day!

Best regards,
Miss Nurul

No comments:

Post a Comment